Friday, May 15, 2015

Thoughts on Avengers: Age of Ultron (spoilers)

    Just caught Avengers 2 the other day and on the whole I liked it. Things that I remember most:

 * The love story between Black Widow and Hulk/Bruce Banner; I found it not only a pleasant surprise but quite touching. As a dorky weirdo with anger issues whose been crushed on by beautiful Women, I can totally relate.

 * The battle between Hulk and Iron Man. Amazing. The part where Iron Man is just punching the living shit out of Hulk saying "Go to sleep, just go to sleep." was awesome, there was weight to it; amazing what Foley can do these days.

  * James Spader. It's been quite some time since I've heard an Actor make so much of their voice. I had no idea it was him until the credits, he was amazing. 

The rest of the film was packed with stuff but by the time I got to the final battle I was "action scened" out. I'd just had too much of it so I kinda tuned out a bit. I love to see characters devoted to the saving of lives but was shocked by the treatment of collateral damage in these films, millions dead and the characters are still quipping away. Perhaps I'm dwelling too much over non-existent deaths, but it just hit me that way.

This film made me fall for Scarlett Johansson, I just fell for her.

I'd recommend seeing it if you've not yet done so. 

- Spaced out blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment